Manufacturing Marketing in 2020: Trends to Consider
Foremost Media recently surveyed over a thousand marketing professionals in the manufacturing industry to gain their marketing insights. Participants were asked to provide information on marketing efforts that had the highest return on investment (ROI) in 2019, efforts they feel are overrated and what they plan to allocate budget for in 2020.
When it comes to effective marketing for manufacturing companies, 73.91% of participants felt that their efforts were yielding positive results. This leaves 26.09% of marketers still searching for answers.
In 2019, roughly 74% of manufacturing marketers felt that their marketing efforts were effective. Tactics like Search Engine Optimization (SEO), tradeshow marketing, online paid advertising and video marketing were cited as approaches with the highest return on investment or ROI. With a 2020 marketing budget that is roughly the same as last year’s and in many cases higher, it appears that many marketers plan to double down on this approach.
In today’s marketing landscape, SEO isn’t the ...
Posted in: Inbound Marketing, Manufacturing Marketing, Marketing Automation, Search Engine Optimization by Seth Clayton on February 28, 2020
Getting The Attention Of The Industrial Buyer
What you need on your website to help them make a buying decision
Industrial buyers are interested in establishing a relationship with a vendor- with your company – and the information you have on your website is the key to helping them make that decision. Their time is valuable and whatever you can do on your website to help them make that decision efficiently is, well, good business practices. Foremost Media can help make sure your website brings the important information to the prospective buyer, efficiently and in a manner that will also make sure your website stays in the top search engine rankings.
Valuable Website Information
Take a look at your website and consider the following recommendations to make it more attractive to a potential buyer. These are listed in no particular order of importance because they all are important!
Associations – Highlight your membership in trade associations. They show you keep up ...
Posted in: Inbound Marketing, Manufacturing Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Web Development by Foremost Marketing on July 8, 2019
5 Pillars of an effective digital marketing campaign for manufacturers
It’s no secret that building a digital marketing campaign for manufacturers or B2B companies is different than marketing for consumer goods. We often hear from clients that say their product isn’t “sexy” or doesn’t translate well to common marketing practices. Many of the same tactics used in B2C marketing are effective for B2B businesses, they just need to be tweaked. A B2B company is still selling to a person or group of people. In the next few weeks we’ll go into more detail on each of these points, but this five pillar plan for finding those people and helping them make a decision to buy from your company is a good start to an effective digital marketing campaign.
MOBILE FRIENDLY, RESPONSIVE WEBSITE
People are becoming more and more dependent on their smartphones. We’re not just talking about checking Facebook. In a 2017 survey by Boston Consulting Group, 60% of B2B buyers said mobile played a significant role in their purchasing ...
Posted in: Conversion Rate Optimization, Manufacturing Marketing, Marketing Automation, Online Advertising, Search Engine Optimization by Jon Ballard on May 7, 2019
Marketing Tips To Get Engineers Engaging With Your Business
How can industrial marketers reach out to engineers now that communication has shifted to online and content marketing? TREW Marketing and IEEE GlobalSpec partnered to conduct a survey and discovered the best ways to interact with technical professionals. Let’s dive into some key findings.
Technical Content Is King
The survey found that engineers preferred datasheets, case studies, and product/how-to videos over other types of content such as trade publication articles or infographics. When creating marketing pieces, consider using white papers and other informational pieces that will engage and inform this technically-minded audience.
Keep It Fresh
Over 90 percent of engineers surveyed are more likely to do business with companies that regularly produce new and current content. Your website is not something you can just set up and forget. You need new content to keep visitors engaged and coming back. However, before you start adding blogs, calculators, and other cool content, here are some things you’ll want to consider.
Posted in: Inbound Marketing, Manufacturing Marketing by John Tillotson on January 3, 2019