Twitter is a tool for social interaction and microblogging which has become an excellent resource to reach people quickly. If you haven’t joined Twitter by now, it is well worth the time to get acquainted.
So do you want to get involved? Consider these ideas:
- Inform Don't Sell: Blatant advertising messages are annoying. Tweet your news and keep the public aware, but don't sell - INFORM!
- Make Aware-Share: Twitter is about relationship building by being friendly and helpful to others. You can share links, news stories... - even emergency information is a good fit for Twitter.
- Connect With Customers and Friends: Are you craving insight and tips from innovative leaders in your area of expertise? Follow and be followed - connect with influential people by using Twitter. It may be easier than calling or emailing.
- Monitor Your Company: Search out tweets about your business or service. This will enable you to watch what the public is saying about your business and let you respond quickly and directly to both positive and negative posts about your company.
- Be Real: When tweeting, demonstrate your authenticity and make sure to completely fill out your profile as well as upload a nice photo of yourself. Remember - people relate to other people.
The best part is, Twitter is completely free. So get started today. By creating a Twitter Account for your business, you’re showing the world that you’re taking advantage of every opportunity to keep customers connected and up to date with your business. For more information or how to set up a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com.