In today's 60 second hack to grow your business, we will show you how to add a phone number click as an event in Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager!
Using Google Tag Manager with Google Analytics to track phone number clicks is beneficial to you, as you can see how many times your phone number is clicked on in a certain time frame. Here's how to set up a clickable phone number event:
- Log into Google Tag Manager and create a new tag
- Label your tag
- Click tag configuration and select Google Analytics- Universal Analytics
- Select "Event" under Track Type
- Label your Event Tracking Parameters
- Add new trigger and label "phone number clicks"
- Select "click- just links" under trigger type
- Select firing on "some link clicks"
- Click URL starts with "tel:"
- Make sure to save and publish your new tag